Quintessential Santa Barbara Beach Bungalow
Idyllic front yard garden and sitting area
Cozy Living Room with 46 inch HD Flat Panel TV with Cable and Media Server
Cozy Living Room with Great Views and Lots of Light
Sofa-U-Love Sleeper in Living Room Provides 2 Additional Sleeping Spots
Living Area has Open Layout with Living Room, Kitchen, & Dining Room Connected
Remodeled Kitchen with Bar Seating
Lots of Light in Remodeled Kitchen with Everything You Need to Prepare Meals
New Stainless Steel Appliances in Kitchen with Side Door Leading to Side Yard
Stainless Steel Sink with Great Views of Front Yard
Dining Room with Large Window for Lots of Light
Dining Room with Seating for Six
Dining Room with Seating for Six and Bar Unit
Master Bedroom has New California King Serta Sleeper
Master Bedroom with 24" Flat Screen TV with DVD Player and Media Streamer
Master Bedroom has Shabby Chic Feel with Lots of Light as Well
2nd Bedroom has French Door Access to Back Entertainment Area
2nd Bedroom with 32" Flat Panel TV with Media Streamer
2nd Bedroom has New Queen Serta Sleeper
3rd Bedroom has New Queen Serta Sleeper & Access to Back Entertainment Area
3rd Bedroom with 32" Flat Panel TV with Media Streamer
Remodeled Bathroom with Shower Over Tub
Remodeled Powder Room
Recently Landscaped Backyard Entertainment Area with Flagstone Patio and Pergola
Private Backyard Flagstone Patio has Seating for Six and Water Fountain
Private Backyard Flagstone Patio with New 4 Burner Grill with Side Burner
Deck Off Back of House Leads to Newly Landscaped Backyard with Pergola
Enjoy the Cooler Evenings with a Cocktail by Our Space Heater
Play a Little Ping Pong or Watch from a Second Patio Table for Four
Detached Garage has Been Converted into Gameroom
8 Game Retro Arcade with Pac-Man, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Pole Position
Boogie & Surf Boards, Beach Chairs & Umbrellas Provided. 5 Cruisers Available.
Our quintessential craftsman beach bungalow is ideally located close to downtown State Street in Santa Barbara to take in all it has to offer, but far enough removed to enjoy the local flavor of the "American Riviera" without being a "tourist".
Originally built in 1930, the property maintains its old world charm with its white picket fence and quaint, single story appearance, but was updated in 2013 with a modern kitchen, refinished oak hardwood floors and beautiful double pane windows throughout. The home has been decorated to compliment the look and feel of the home and area. The neutral shades work well with our natural and vintage beach décor. Each piece was carefully selected to make this home cozy and comfortable so guests could enjoy their stay in a tranquil setting.
The family room is open and comfortable with a Sofa-U-Love sofa sleeper and 46" HD flat screen TV equipped with a Roku device for all your streaming options. The kitchen is completely remodeled and updated with all new stainless steel appliances and is fully stocked with everything you need to prepare your meals. Great natural lighting and counter with bar stools allow family and friends to gather where the action is. Spacious dining room with service for six is just off the kitchen. The two bathrooms were completely remodeled in 2013 with all new, modern fixtures. The master has plenty of closet space with a cushion topped Serta California king mattress and the other 2 bedrooms have the same bed in a queen size. Those 2 rooms also have access to back porch/yard from the bedroom through french doors. All bedrooms are flat panel TV equipped with Roku streaming devices.
The backyard was landscaped in June 2013 with a 400 square foot flagstone patio, lush palms and Santa Barbara native foliage. An 8'x10' pergola provides ample shade for our patio table that comfortably seats six. A second patio table with seating for 4 can be found in our front yard garden. Guests can challenge one another to a friendly game of ping pong on our outdoor Kettler table. A new grilling 'station', complete with overhead market umbrella and four burner gas grill with side burner lets you BBQ in style. The setting is completed with a propane space heater (for those cool Santa Barbara evenings) and a couple of comfortable lounge chairs.
The detached garage has been converted into a game room straight from your youth (if you're a child of the '80's, that is) with over a half dozen original, full size classic arcade games including Pac-Man and Donkey Kong (no quarters necessary!) A front loading washer/dryer is also available to clean up after your jaunts to the beach. If you'd like to use our Electra cruisers to get around town they are available for rent. The front porch is a great place to hang out and if you prefer more privacy, the back yard is very private and peaceful.
Downtown Santa Barbara is an easy 4-5 blocks away. State Street is know for it's shopping and dining so you have everything you need. The Daily Grind is just around the corner so you don't have to go far for your espresso coffee. During the day, drive 5 minutes up to the historic Mission, or 5 minutes down to the beach. Or even better, just bike straight down 2 miles to the ocean. The Santa Barbara Bowl, within walking distance, is a beautiful place to enjoy concerts under the stars. Parks for the kids and all the best Santa Barbara has to offer is within easy reach of the property. For an excursion, enjoy a 30 minute drive to the Santa Ynez wine country or venture further to the lovely towns of Solvang, Pismo Beach, or San Luis Obisbo.
King, 2 queens, queen sofa sleeper
Linens & Towels Provided, High Speed Internet, Credit Cards Accepted
- Fully stocked and open kitchen with all stainless appliances
- Open living room with refinished oak hardwood floors, queen sofa sleeper, 46" 1080p flat screen TV and lots of natural light
- Master bedroom with Serta Cal King bed and lots of closet space
- 2 additional bedrooms each with Serta queen bed and direct access to back porch/yard
- Full bathroom with tub and shower
- Half bathroom
- Fully landscaped backyard with 400 sq ft flagstone patio, pergola shaded patio table that seats 6, 4 burner gas grill with market umbrella, lounge chairs and bistro table, and cascading water fountain
- Side yard equipped with a full size, Kettler ping pong table
- Detached garage converted into classic game room with several full size, classic arcade games and full laundry facilities
- Boogie boards, surf boards, beach chairs & umbrellas provided for your enjoyment
- 6 classic beach cruisers available for an additional rental fee as well
- 1 mile downtown neighborhood walk to action on State Street
- 2 mile flat, bike ride to Santa Barbara pier and beach (or walk to State Street and pick up $.50 trolley)
- 1 mile walk to world famous Santa Barbara Mission
- 1 block walk to local favorites Daily Grind (espresso, sandwiches & salads), Mission Street (formerly McConnell's) Ice Cream (world class creamery), Derf's Cafe (sports pub with local flair), and Cajun Kitchen (one of the best breakfast's you will have in SB)
- 2 short blocks to 101 freeway and quick access to Santa Barbara Zoo (4 miles), Montecito (6 miles), Santa Barbara Airport (9 miles), UC Santa Barbara (10 miles), Santa Ynez Valley Wineries (25 miles), Pismo Beach (80 miles), San Luis Obisbo (90 miles), and Paso Robles (120 miles)
Girls Weekend Getaway. I was getting together with some girlfriends who I hadn't seen in a while and we decided to meet up in Santa Barbara for the weekend. The minute we arrived we all fell in love with the house. It was spacious, cute, and had every amenity you would need, plus some. The beds were incredibly comfortable and we all slept very well there. We were very close to State street and an inexpensive cab ride to many local wineries. The arcade games were awesome as well, even though we didn't spend much time with them. I would highly recommend staying here and booking it is a simple and fast process.